Cold Turkey

No meat, alcohol, or caffeine for 2 weeks at the ashrams.  I can put up with anything for 2 weeks.  When Deb and I get to Rishikesh for our 10 days of post-ashram life, we'll do it all! 

I'm on my 4th day of a coffee-free life and enduring the fatigue, headaches and crustiness that goes with that.   It was rather disheartening to just recently learn that Rishikesh is a dry, vegetarian city.

In my past travel life, anything weird and other-worldly that landed on my plate seemed to center around the local protein sources.



I'm afraid that 47 different kinds of lentils are going to seem a little boring for the photo blog.

Comments

  1. As you know, I admire your adventuresome spirit, but after learning about the alcohol and coffee deprivation and the prospect of delicacies like grasshopper snacks, I will stick to my annual trek to MB and a healthy diet that features Bananas Foster made tableside!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoes the Colour of Dust

Meditation by Elephants

The Last Post